Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Stay with me, sail away, I give you Spanish gold

Here's a closer photo of the bookchain necklace, with a cameo. Not a fan of cameos of people you don't know, it makes no sense to me, like wearing an empty locket. 

I had a huge aversion to gold when I was younger - I thought it was just the tackiest thing, and refused to wear it. Not to mention that the Hobbit made rather a strong impression on me and I got the idea that the kind of creatures who liked gold were either small, fat and bearded or large, evil and scaled. But my point is, I like gold now. I have a lovely gold dress that is the most amazing fabric, it's like gold water. Not much occasion for wearing gold dresses in my life though, and as you can imagine, it wasn't at the top of my list of essentials to pack into my suitcase. 

If I had this dress I'd wear it every day though:


Good lord, the eyebrows...I can't stop looking and I love them...also love how this photo must be 15 or 20 years old but seems so on trend. Black cut-out dress, aqua, shoulder pads:
Behati Prinsloo and Lara Stone backstage at this years Victoria's Secret show. Where is the gold, you ask? Lara's gloves!


I think there is a weird contrast between the next two pictures...the first is everything that is tacky and excessive and decadent about gold, and the second makes it innocent and somehow earthy. I suppose it does come from the earth but goodness knows you'd never think about that when you see it wrapped around some rappers neck. 



Dunlop shoes...$10...I could sleep in the things, they are like slippers:



No comments:

Post a Comment