Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Nicholas Kirkwood has landed

I suspect it's kind of pointless to post news here when no one is reading this blog but I have to start somewhere.

Nicholas Kirkwood is a British shoe designer who did much lauded collaborations with Jean Pierre Braganza and Italian label Pollini.


Kirkwood for JPB - JakandJil

Kirkwood has been hyped up in Australia - he was featured in January Vogue - but until now his shoes have only been available in British stores and you couldn't even buy them online. Aussie label Sachi milked this situation by ripping off Kirkwood's signature heel base, and Purdy Klampet also appears to be stocking biker-esque heels with this signature base. But Australians no longer need to look to imitations....

Nicholas Kirkwood is now stocked in Australia!

Diodato opened its doors in Double Bay, Sydney in early June, and stocks five Nicholas Kirkwood heels as well as other big overseas names. Their website is not yet up and running but the friendly owner gave me descriptions of the shoes they have in stock which are all from the current season. 

http://www.nicholaskirkwood.com/


I'd love to get the black and gray pair but I'm unsure about how much they will retail for. I'm trying to console myself with the fact that Kirkwood produces a collection each season and so if I miss out this time around there will still many many months to save up for the next fantastic range. Each collection seems more dramatic than the last, and it's worth checking out his website to see some of the off-the-wall heels included in this collection.

I will post the outcome of a visit to the store soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment