Thursday, August 27, 2009

I'm too alive right now...



This is old news now, a 2006 book, and I don't even own it.


'The Next Big Thing - A Short Story About the Creative Process"

It is authored by Aesop Rock and illustrated by Jeremy Fish. His website here is full of some weird drawings. So if you like the unexpected and the absurd, check it out here

All I know about the creative process is that I don't know much. Creativity is being increasingly commodified, and to put it bluntly, if this goes too much further we are all screwed. Think Farenheit 911, think the Time Machine. 

So there are no flowers in this book, no goddesses of creativity, and no three muses. Nuh uh. There are skulls, pigs, nice hats, hotdogs and pin up girls, which to me seems to have a lot more to do with my own experience of creativity. 





No comments:

Post a Comment